Tuesday 19 October 2010

You Could Be Mine

Guns N Roses - LG Arena Birmingham - 17th October 2010

This blog is a bit late as the show was 2 days ago but I wanted to drag out the Guns N Roses experience I had a bit longer before being dragged back to the reality of no Guns N Roses shows.  (What actually happened is that after the gig - I got home at 3am - Had a full day at work the next day - Got home and went to bed - and now it's after work on Tuesday).

I haven't even got inside the building yet and already I am unimpressed.  I was expecting to go in, eat somewhere and then get to the ticketed part of the arena.  But no, I had to queue up til doors open time (6pm) and then get food.  Had I have known that I would have eaten something beforehand and then queued up quietly and got to the front of the gig.  As it turns out I was close to the stage anyway.

Guns N Roses came on over an hour later than Sebastian Bach (who has a wicked voice btw!) and the crowd was starting to get irate and there were some 'boos'.  Not from me, I didn't care, I was about to witness an incredible show.  I knew they'd be on 'around 10' so that was fine for me.  The 'boos' didn't last long, the house lights went down, the crowd erupted in screams and whistles and so the show began.

From the start I noticed that Axl's voice wasn't on top form.  He sounded great but a little strained.  At the end of the show he did apologise and said he woke up with a sore throat.  Again, I noticed that the crowd were really noisy but a bit static.  Maybe it was just where I was stood?

I was absolutely gutted that they didn't play Don't Cry, at around the age of 17, I was completely obssessed with that song.  I love the making of it and can listen to it for hours.  They also didn't play Better (love that one too) and several other songs, making the set about 45-60 mins shorter than the show I went to on Thursday.  But really, how could one top that show - that historical show? 


This is my favourite photo of Dj Ashba that night.  He always had his head down and no amoun of screaming, waving, jumping around etc. got his attention.  (I had even had a ridiclously low cut top on - I planned ahead - but that didn't work either *insulted*)  He was on fine form and I fell in love with him all over again (after Thursday, I got over him by Sunday morning).



Also, he came to the barrier!  Had my boyfriend not be right next time, I expect I would have knocked the girls in front of me out the way and copped a feel ;)










Best Bumblefoot pic.  I stand by my previous statement, he looks so down to earth and friendly.  And, I got in his photo at the end!  Ok, it's only half my face but you can tell it's me!



My best pic of Axl.  He never stayed in 1 place for more than a second so got loads of blurry pictures of him.  I'm actually surprised that he let people take photos because I know he's been really hot on not liking photo's being taken in the past.  I can see why as it does distract you from the show.  I was so excited though that I had to take photos as I forgot most of the show instantly as the house lights came up so having some evidence that I went was great.



The guys at the end of the night.  My dream is gone.

It's now all over so you know what?  I'm now saving up for their US leg of their tour - I'd love to go back to America and what would make it better would be seeing them again on their home turf.  There must be a US leg of the tour right? And surely it would be next year?  Which gives me enough time to save up for a trip across the pond!

No comments:

Post a Comment