Sunday 29 August 2010

There Was A Time...

It might not be apparent, but I am a huge Guns N Roses fan, to look at me - a 25 year old with no real sense of style and no obvious stereotype - it doesn't jump out at you.  It's Bank Holiday weekend, I'm sat in at home all on my own (there is a tramp that lives on my doorstep and I'm fighting the want to invite him in just so I have someone to talk to - word on the street is that he is a class A junkie), I've been listening to Chinese Democracy on repeat for the past few hours and I'm constantly checking Twitter for GNR updates by the band, just to rub salt in the wound that they are in Leeds and I'm nowhere near there.

But yes, I am a massive GNR fan (favourite song is There Was A Time at the moment, vocals are excellent) and named my blod accordingly - Move To The City - a song on Live Like A Suicide/GNR Lies, which is actually a cover. 

I've been doing a lot of research once again about moving to New York City and it's going to be a very long process.  Still got fingers crossed for winning the lottery (I don't play but my parents do) as I could then get in from having a financial interest in a company.  Otherwise I shall be somehow building up a strong rapport with a company to sponsor me.  Or of course, marry an American, but I'm really not interested in that.  Or getting married for real come to think of it.

Anyway, I'm at home, all alone and knowing that I have lots to do but feel like I should be doing more 'fun' stuff as it's a bank holiday and I've been looking forward to this bank holiday, well since the last one!  I've put out a few 'lonely' ads on Twitter and Facebook today but haven't had any positive responses from anyone who is doing anything.  I 'could' have gone to a car festival, but would have had to camped over and I really didn't want to do that.  I suppose I did have options so not sure why I am moaning.

There Was A Time has just come back on, perhaps the fifth time I have heard this today?

I'm off to get some work done and then get some dinner, get drunk, perhaps watch a film and play on the net, or play RockBand.  The possibilities are endless!

I will close with a lyric from this excellent and thought provoking song.

"If there's nothing I can gain from this or anything at all, it'd be the knowledge that ya gave me when I thought I'd heard it all."

No comments:

Post a Comment